Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of the Heartland recruits, trains, and supports community volunteers who advocate on behalf of abused, neglected and dependent children under the protection of the Hardin County Family Court system.
Every child in need has a compassionate, caring and qualified volunteer advocate, and ultimately a safe, permanent, loving home where they can thrive.
In working to achieve our vision, we act on the following core values:
● Excellence in our endeavors.
● Inclusiveness, diversity and respect for all cultures and ethnicities: for children, families, volunteers, staff, board, and supporters.
● Empowering the community through strong screening, training, supervision and support of our volunteers and staff, and advocacy for our children.
● Honorable and respectful involvement in the child welfare system, with the courts, children and families and our community.
● Strong, caring, and compassionate advocacy as the eyes, ears, and voice for the child.
● Faithful stewardship with thoughtful and intentional use of program resources to maximize our positive impact on the children and families within our community.