CASA News & Events
Statement of Purpose: The Business Support/Advocate Manager serves as an integral part of the program leadership, development and advocacy management team. This role supports the Executive Director regarding the business and programmatic implementation and monitoring of the CASA of the Heartland’s mission. The Advocate Manager portion of duties assists in the supervision of advocate volunteers and coordination of cases as the mission may require. This position reports directly to the Executive Director. Position is typically 25% Business Support and 75% Advocate Volunteer Manager, but mission changes can shift percentages.
Primary Business Support Duties:
· Assists the Executive Director with administration duties such as grant and deliverable preparation, monitoring and reporting.
· Assists in ensuring the update of the donor database and printing required materials
· Assists in pickup and drop off of mail and logging its contents from both the post office and court house.
· Assists in preparing correspondence for variety of events throughout the year
· Participates as required in event planning such as training courses, fundraising and other outreach activities.
· Acts as procurement/logistics officer ordering supplies/equipment and assisting staff and volunteers with assigned business accounts.
· Prepares paperwork such as brochures, flyers, presentations, and a myriad of CASA documentation.
· Prepares and updates per the Executive Director requests for programmatic documentation and paperwork for the CASA program to include in-processing incoming staff or board member paperwork
· Assists or leads in process improvement activities and a variety of audits as requested.
· Prepares and disseminates social media and other advertising material per the Executive Director.
· Collaborates with the Executive Director and Recruiting Operations Manager in monitoring continuing education opportunities and training for CASA volunteers.
· Assists in the data collection, data input and the tracking of background checks for potential staff and volunteers.
· Maintains open and ongoing dialogue with the Executive Director on ways to recognize and acknowledge CASA volunteers and staff on an ongoing basis (birthday, anniversary and other milestone events) and through annual events.
· Participates in planning and executing advocate recruiting and retention events
· May facilitate volunteer training classes and other events as requested.
· Assists in coordination of conferences/events and registration per the Executive Director
· Responsible for working with different databases and retrieving data and assimilating reports and presentations.
· Assists in mailing campaigns and other fundraising activities.
· Maintains CASA of the Heartland programmatic schedules.
· Drafts and disseminates CASA newsletters and other periodic CASA communication
· Coordinates volunteer meetings and other activities for volunteers
· Drafts, finalizes donor and tax deduction letters and similar correspondence.
· Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
Advocate Volunteer Manager Duties:
· Assist the Executive Director in the recruitment, screening, interviewing and selection of new CASA advocate volunteers as required.
· Review and monitor existing wait-list cases and new cases assigned from the Family Court system and assign them to advocate volunteers. Emphasis is on older cases before assigning new cases.
· Process, enter and manage assigned cases and statistical information into the database system and produce required reports.
· Monitor and ensure compliance with CASA of the Heartland, Kentucky CASA and National CASA standards for case files and volunteer recruiting and management
· Make a minimum of monthly personal contact with each assigned volunteer, or make contact more often as needed by volunteer, case or staff per established policies.
· Ensure that case files are returned and closure forms are completed at the close of each case and properly documented and filed.
· Maintain confidential case filing system of assigned court cases (virtually and physically) per established processes and standards.
· Input and process data regarding cases per established standards
· Prepare reports regarding cases as required
· Attend court hearings as needed and maintain oversight of court dates and established requirements
· Provide requested or needed assistance and guidance for CASA advocate volunteers on regular basis and per their needs
· Ensure advocate volunteers are current on required continuing education units (CEUs)
· Prepare and distribute assignment documentation for advocate volunteers.
· Distribute established policies to advocate volunteers.
· Ensure compliance in established databases and reporting tools.
· Successful completion of an Associates degree (higher) in Business, Public Administration, Communications, Marketing, Information Techology, Social Work or related field.
· Prior experience in the administration of volunteer, non-profit or public agency management preferred.
· Experience in working with different databases is preferred.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Detailed organizational and record keeping skills.
· Ability to interact with individuals of different socioeconomic, cultural and educational backgrounds in a variety of circumstances.
· Ability to interact professionally and objectively when faced with hostile, angry or frightened and/or abusive individuals.
· Ability to manage multiple volunteers and staff members; train them to perform their assigned duties and develop, establish and maintain productivity and quality standards for their work.
· Ability to engage in public speaking and other public awareness activities on behalf of the organization.
· Previous supervisory, management or leadership experience required.
Conditions of Employment:
· Flexible schedule includes regular office hours, frequent evening and weekend work.
· Some bending and lifting when setting up or closing out events is required or conducting inventory of supplies, etc.,
· Must have transportation – position requires travel from varying locations. Transportation must meet state-mandated insurance requirements.
· Must be comfortable being videoed on multiple social medium forums regarding CASA of the Heartland mission.
· Ability to maintain confidential information and records.
· Ability to maintain and meet required records and background checks and established standards.