CASA of the Heartland is hiring for a Systems Operations Recruiting/Volunteer Manager position.
This position is a Full Time/Salary Position. We offer a hybrid/in-office work schedule, paid holidays, health benefits and soon a simple IRA with up to 3% matching and more. Salary between $36,500 to $40,000 commensurate with experience.
A full job description is below:
SYSTEMS RECRUITING OPERATIONS/ADVOCATE VOLUNTEER MANAGER
· Statement of Purpose: The Systems Recruiting Operations/Advocate Volunteer Manager serves as an integral part of the development and advocacy management team. This role supports the Executive Director on the database and operational management/reporting of volunteer recruiting, as well as the day-to-day advocacy management for CASA of the Heartland. The Advocate Volunteer Manager portion of duties assists in the supervision of volunteer staff and coordination of cases as the mission may require. This position reports directly to the Executive Director. Position is typically 25% Systems Operations and 75% Advocate Volunteer Manager, but mission changes can shift percentages.
Primary Systems Recruiting Operations Duties:
· Prepares and monitors operational reports regarding the number of active/inactive children to include wait lists, along with trends.
· Prepares and monitors operational reports regarding the number of active and inactive volunteers and identifies trends including race, gender, age group etc.
· Prepares and monitors reports for case closures and trends
· Participates as required in event planning, fundraising and other outreach activities.
· Prepares paperwork for volunteer training and recruiting such as brochures, flyers, presentations, and a myriad of CASA documentation
· Assists or leads in process improvement activities regarding child and volunteer case management and monitors files for compliance of standards.
· Lead for any case management database updates, conversions and training for staff and volunteers
· Monitors all volunteers for compliance of continuing education units working with other staff and volunteer managers
· Processes and/or monitors background checks for staff and volunteers, etc.,
· Participates in planning and executing advocate volunteer recruiting and retention events
· May facilitate advocate volunteer training classes and other events as requested
· May conduct periodic case file audits.
· Assists in coordination of conferences/events and registration per the Executive Director
· Responsible for working with differing databases and retrieving data and assimilating reports and presentations.
· May assist in setting up new computer systems and miscellaneous applications.
· Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
Advocate Volunteer Manager Duties:
· Assist the Executive Director in the recruitment, screening, interviewing and selection of new CASA advocate volunteers as required.
· Review and monitor existing wait-list cases and new cases assigned from the Family Court system and assign them to advocate volunteers. Emphasis is on older cases before assigning new cases.
· Process, enter and manage assigned cases and statistical information into the database system and produce required reports.
· Monitor and ensure compliance with CASA of the Heartland, Kentucky CASA and National CASA standards for case files and volunteer recruiting and management
· Make a minimum of monthly personal contact with each assigned volunteer, or make contact more often as needed by volunteer, case or staff per established policies.
· Ensure that case files are returned and closure forms are completed at the close of each case and properly documented and filed.
· Maintain confidential case filing system of assigned court cases (virtually and physically) per established processes and standards.
· Input and process data regarding cases per established standards
· Prepare reports regarding cases as required
· Attend court hearings as needed and maintain oversight of court dates and established requirements
· Provide requested or needed assistance and guidance for CASA advocate volunteers on regular basis and per their needs
· Ensure advocate volunteers are current on required continuing education units (CEUs)
· Prepare and distribute assignment documentation for advocate volunteers.
· Distribute established policies to advocate volunteers.
· Ensure compliance in established databases and reporting tools.
· Successful completion of Associate’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Business, Public Administration, Communications, Social Work or related field.
· Prior experience in the administration of volunteer, non-profit or public agency management preferred.
· Experience in working with different databases is preferred.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Detailed organizational and record keeping skills.
· Ability to interact with individuals of different socioeconomic, cultural and educational backgrounds in a variety of circumstances.
· Ability to interact professionally and objectively when faced with hostile, angry or frightened and/or abusive individuals.
· Ability to manage multiple volunteers and staff members; train them to perform their assigned duties and develop, establish and maintain productivity and quality standards for their work.
· Ability to engage in public speaking and other public awareness activities on behalf of the organization.
· Must be able to deal with conflict in professional manner and work well with staff and other stakeholders.
Conditions of Employment:
· Dependable personal transportation with state-mandated insurance coverage.
· Flexible schedule includes regular office hours, frequent evening and weekend work.
· Some bending and lifting when setting up or closing out events is required
· Must have transportation – position requires travel from varying locations.
· Must be comfortable being videoed on multiple social medium forums regarding CASA of the Heartland mission.
· Ability to maintain confidential information and records.
· Ability to maintain and meet required records and background checks and established standards with no flagged issues.
· Mid $30K - $40K.
CASA of the Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resume to email@example.com. Applications and resumes submitted through Facebook will not be accepted.